Skinplicity is a small batch luxury skincare line from Oregon, USA. Created by a licensed Esthetician, we believe in healthy beauty so our products always feature high performance, high quality botanical ingredients that will nurture your skin.
We are devoted to crafting products from pure, clean ingredients. Our small batch formulas are expertly designed and mixed using organic plant based oils, exotic butters, handmade infusions, decoctions and healing essential oils.
We believe in sophisticated simplicity so our ingredients appear as close to their natural state as possible to retain their full healing benefits. We add nothing that will not benefit your skin and that includes petro-chemicals, detergents, alcohols, surfactants, parabens, phthalates or sulphates.
For best results when using these products - Soap: Please store soap in a cool dry location when not in use. During use, keep bar dry and away from water to help the bar last longer. Soap with vanilla in the scent may darken over time; this is normal.
Scrubs, Lotions & Butters: Jarred products are packed by weight. During the warmer months, scrubs and butters exposed to heat may settle in the jar as they are designed to melt at body temperature. This is normal and will not affect results. If any oil appears on the top, stir to combine and place in a cool area to harden. Do not introduce water into the jars or lotion bottles; this will shorten shelf life of product.
Lip Balms: Keep lip balm away from direct heat & sunlight, and out of hot cars; this may cause product to soften or melt. Melted balms can be hardened in the fridge.
ABOUT HANDCRAFTED SOAP:
Handcrafted Soap is a blend of both science and art, making each bar safe, luxurious and unique. Handcrafted soap is soap in its true and most pure form.
True soaps are the result of a chemical reaction between fats, water and lye. When combined, they transform into soap and glycerin, with no lye remaining in the soap. This reaction is called “saponification”, the making of soap!
My artisan soap is made with food quality natural ingredients, with added specialized botanicals, and essential oils to bring the desired quality to the finished bar. I invest my care and attention to detail in every batch and bar. My soaps are different and unique, offering you a wide selection of soaps that are not only natural, but functional and beautiful as well.
What about Glycerin? Glycerin is a humectant, which means that it attracts and retains moisture on your skin. It is like “lotion in a soap”. Glycerin is a natural by-product of the soapmaking process. Most commercial soap manufacturers remove the glycerin from the soap, process it and sell to other industries for use in cosmetics, foods, pharmaceuticals and other products. With handcrafted soaps, glycerin remains intact in the soap. The end result is mild, pure soap that gently cleanses your skin without being harsh, irritating or drying. Your skin will LOVE my soap!
Here are a list of common cosmetic ingredients that are allergens, skin irritants and are widely known to be toxic for our health & for our environment. Skinplicity DOES NOT use any of these potentially hazardous chemicals in any of our products.
1. Imidazolidinyl Urea and Diazolidinyl Urea The American Academy of Dermatology lists these chemicals as a primary cause of contact dermatitis.
2. Methyl and Propyl and Butyl and Ethyl Paraben Highly toxic chemicals known to cause allergic reactions, rosacea & skin rashes. The fact that Parabens have been found in breast cancer tissue is enough reason for me to use alternatives.
3. Petrolatum A mineral oil jelly which promotes sun damage along with dry & chapped skin conditions.
4. Propylene Glycol A cosmetic form of mineral oil found also found in automatic brake and hydraulic fluid and industrial antifreeze—enough said.
5. PVP/VA Copolymer These chemical particles have been found in the lung tissue of people with lung conditions.
6. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate With an extensive list of allergic reactions such as eye irritations, skin rashes, hair loss, flaky scalp it is a wonder that this nasty chemical is still so widely used in everything from laundry soap to shampoo, bubble bath & just about every sudsing product on the market. Be aware of ‘pseudo-natural products disclaiming its derived from coconut.
7. Stearalkonium Chloride A toxic chemical that is widely known to cause allergic reactions.
8. Diethanolamine (DEA) Known to be toxic to the immune system, an irritant to skin and may form carcinogenic nitrosamines.